Wednesday 2 January 2013

There's a Feeling in the Air

So going back to cheer and tumbling this Tuesday is the game plan and boy am I excited! Along with coming back I will have to build up a lot of skill and this is going to be tricky after such a long break from it. Even though it has only been 2 months in the scheme of the tricking and tumbling world if you are a participant you will know how truly long that time period is. It is enough time to earn and lose plenty of skills, win or lose, and make or ruin a career.

I will have to, as excruciatingly annoying as it is, start with the basics and work up making sure I have tight body positions and good technique to reach my former abilities and surpass them. Going back I'm going to be focusing on my air space along with many other fundamentals because it is so very important to know where I am so I don't land with my condition improperly and pop out one of my knees again.

Though this video is older I have been a fan of Melissa, a gymnast from dessert devils gymnastics club, for many years ever since I saw one of her videos on the Saltocafe channel. Although she is insanely talented and fearless her best asset to me is her air sense which many coaches and proffessionals in the industry have commented on. She has the ability to know exactly where she is basically at all times which is crucial in performing tricks and landing safely. Here's a short video of some of her high flying skills with her amazing ari space sense.





No comments:

Post a Comment