Tuesday 6 November 2012

A Setback and Keeping a Good Perspective

I know my last article was a journal but something has happened to me recently that happens to many athletes. I got injured. I finally had done my layoutfull with a handspring on the floor and my last one in the gym that day I fell and twisted my knee. It turned out I had strained my MLa tendon and another tendon as well as the possibility of my ACL. I got x-rays and no bone fragments had broken but there is a possibility once the swelling goes down I might have to get an MRI to see if my ACL is damaged. If so this is much more serious and I am keeping an open mind that this is not the case, but for now I can not tumble for two weeks and am in physio for the injuries they are aware of.


 
This is a setback for my layout full, my stunting and the entire routine because we have a competition a month away. I am trying to stay positive and am still attending practices but it's disheartening. So for athletes especially the trickers, tumblers and gymnasts dear to my heart, do not give up and keep positive on your goals and dreams. My favourite motivator for this is a video of micheal jordan adapted to Maddie Gardner about working hard and never giving up. Hopefully it keeps you positive like I am trying to be and I will let you guys know about new information reguarding my injury and return to training!

No comments:

Post a Comment